Running for Your Life: Knock on Wood Dept.

I was startled the other day, waking up with a sore throat. I can’t remember, literally, the last time I had the flu or a cold. The flu was probably my last flu shot, sometime in the previous century.

So what did I do? I drank a big glass of water with my morning coffee. Later, I ran hard, about an hour, or these days, a little over six miles. Usually I will sweat it out, the cold and flu, that is.

Still, I felt a little punk, as my mother would say. It was the weekend, so I could take it easy, and I did. Two days later (Oct. 19) I felt fine. No symptoms at all.

Running hard every other day like I do is the equivalent of having apple season three hundred and sixty-five days a year. Because if an apple a day keeps the doctor away, a run every other day does the same.

Next:  Love Those October Days


0 comments: